Summer is almost here, and our team has been working hard to set up all our owners for success for the 2022 season.
In compliance with U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) regulations, and to maximize your earnings this year, Boatsetter has simplified the boat pricing process. Not only will this aid you, as an owner, in improved pricing efficiency, but this will also offer more transparency to renters.
So, what does this mean for you, and what action do you need to take?
Durations, fuel policy, and pricing is now consolidated and entered once per boat, rather than per operator type.
For owners who are under the GEICO BoatUS insurance policy, or owners who are under their own insurance policy (who only offer renter-operated, bareboat trips), your pricing has been transposed into the new format. Be sure to double check your pricing within My Boats > Edit Listings.
For all owners who are under their own insurance policy and offer captained trips, specifically, you will now need to enter your captain(s) rates, if you offer your own list of captains (not using the Boatsetter Captain Network).
- Captain prices are set per duration.
- All renters who are booking captained boats will now see the true cost of their excursion; with the intent that this will reduce the experience of facing an unexpected fee and help renters come better prepared for their day on the water.
- By establishing in the booking, how the captain is paid separately, and for how much, we will ensure our Boatsetter owners are in compliance with current USCG regulations.
For Commerical Boat Owners ONLY
Ensure your settings and pricing is as expected.
Go to the New Durations & Pricing screen:
Duration & Pricing: If you are offering a captained charter, we ask you for the captain’s rate for each booking duration, which we’ll automatically add on top of the boat price.
Captain Payment: Select how your captain will be paid, either directly at the dock, or via Boatsetter.
- Remember, in compliance with USCG regulations, the captain’s rate cannot be included within the boat price.
- For payment via Boatsetter, captain payments collected through Boatsetter are subject to a listing fee.
IMPORTANT: If you did not update the captain price on your boat, our support team has updated your listing to $50/hr for the captain and subtracted the amount from the boat price. This will ensure your listing is consistent with the other boats on our platform.
Still have Questions? Contact Support
Contact Boatsetter’s Support Team for more information or for help with inputting pricing for each of the boats in your fleet.
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published on March 22, 2022 and updated on May 18, 2022.